Water is just water right? I mean I used to drink from the garden hose when I was young. Yes it tasted like rubber, but when its 90 degrees outside and you just played 6 straight games of basketball in the sweltering sun it’s actually quite refreshing.
Water may be one of the most overlooked substances human being put in their body. It’s cheap, readily available anywhere in the United States of America, and after all its just water right? What’s the big deal?
Not All Water Is Created Equal
The makeup of our body consists of two thirds water with our blood coming in at 92% water, bones are 22%, and our muscles a whopping 75%. Our bodies depend on proper hydration to transport and absorb nutrients, flush out toxins and waste, proper blood circulation, proper blood pressure, proper organ function, proper endocrine function, and optimal physical and mental performance. When it comes down to it we are just a walking talking sack of water.
Currently there are 7 forms of water marketed to us to buy. They are:
- Purified water - This is water that is physically processed to remove impurities. (e.g. distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis, or carbon filtration. I give this water a C+.
- Distilled water - This is water that is boiled and evaporated away from its dissolved minerals, and then the vapor is condensed. This water gets a D for don’t drink because it will strip your body of minerals on its way out.
- Bottled water - This is water typically from a spring, or has gone through reverse osmosis before it is bottled. However, some brands are simply bottled tap water that may or may not have gone through any additional filtering. This water gets an F for don’t ever f*&%#@! buy. The plastic leaches into the water then goes into you. Not good.
- Alkaline water - This is water that has been separated into alkaline and acid fractions using electrolysis, which takes advantage of the naturally occurring electric charges found in the magnesium and calcium ions. This water get a B for better, but not the best.
- Deionized or demineralized water - this is water in which the mineral ions (salts such as sodium, calcium, iron, copper, chloride, and bromide) have been removed by exposing it to electrically charged resins that attract and bind to the salts. This water gets a W, for why would you want to do that?
- Hard and soft water - typically from our tap. Hard water is any water containing an appreciable quantity of dissolved minerals. Soft water is treated water in which the only cation (positively charged ion) is sodium. This water gets a P for PIZZA, and is the only reason why pizza is so much better in New York than Florida.
- Structured water - Please keep reading to find out more…..
In a documentary called Tapped, we learn the shocking truth about the bottled water industry. It is essentially tap water marked up 3000% percent. The sad fact is that besides a bunch of carcinogens, bottled water:
- accounts for up to 1.5 million tons of waste every year, most of which end up in the streams and oceans.
- is in some cases just filtered tap water.
- is not tested and those who do test their water are not required to report their findings. Many independent tests have found a wide variety of poisonous chemicals in them.
- Uses plastic marked PETE, or PET, which are plastics made from crude oil. These chemicals have been shown to leak into the water from sitting in hot environments. A study published in Environmental Health Perspectives stated that even plastics that do not contain the toxin BPA are still releasing estrogen like hormones into our food and drink. It is a best practice to just use glass.
It is theorized that by 2030 some parts of the world will lack enough safe drinking water for its population. Surprisingly there is a massive war going on for drinking water and the consumer is none the wiser.
Signs and Symptoms of the Disease
Good clean water is required by every cell to transport toxic waste from its environment. When that is not happening the nerves sit in their own acidic waste and the body will then interpret it as pain or soreness. Ever go for a long walk or hike and end up really sore the next day and you don’t know why. That could have been dehydration.
This is not an exhaustive list by any means, but here are the many ugly heads of being dehydrated:
- Headaches, confusion, or having brain fog
- Difficulty making decisions, or focusing
- Hormone dysfunction
- Muscle spasms and restlessness at night
- Weakness, fatigue, or low energy during workouts
- Joint pain mainly in the back or neck.
- High blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Difficulty losing weight
- Gastric ulcers
How is it that we can be dehydrated if most of us are drinking water all day? Easy, it comes down to the salt - water- mineral balance desired by our body.
Electrolytes are the name of the game. Sodium and potassium are important parts in the communication pathway between cells, which help the water we drink to be absorbed and utilized. One molecule of water will bond with 3 molecules of sodium. If sodium is not present in sufficient amounts in our body (which isn’t everyone on a low sodium diet?) then the water you drink bonds with what little sodium is left in you and promptly gets excreted by your kidneys depleting you even more.
If you’re an athlete, there’s even more of a downside risk. Drinking sugar charged “electrolyte” drinks during practice and competition will weigh you down and downright bloat you to no end. The sugar being a poor source will also be extremely inflammatory on your fascia, muscles, and joints. But WAIT! It gets worse. If you just drink water, gastrointestinal absorption is only 30ml per minute, where the loss of fluid during extreme exercise can be up to 50ml per minute! This means that fluid loss will heavily dominate fluid consumption.
Into the Exclusion Zone!
Jay Leno used to have a bit on his show where he asked people on the streets of Manhattan some really basic questions from history that everyone should know. Sadly most did not fare very well and the skit became quite funny.
If someone were to ask you how many forms of water there were, 99.9999999% of people would say 3. Liquid, solid, and gas. Dr. Gerald Pollack, author of The Fourth Phase of Water begs to differ. Pollack found through his experimentation there is a fourth phase of water nobody is talking about. He termed this water “exclusion zone” or EZ water. The more appropriate name we will use moving forward is “structured” water.
Structured water is created in nature because water moves in a vortex pattern. In nature matter bubbles up from the ground, swirls in pools, flows over rocks, and forms eddies and vortices. As it does this it not only becomes more oxygenated, but the molecules in the water become more and more ordered or “coherent.” Nature separates the charge of the water into negative and positive ions. The negative ions are coherent and the positive ions are bulk or disordered water.
Why does this even matter? Because the water in the cytoplasm of every single one of our 100 trillion cells is comprised of EZ water. The combination of negative/positive charges in structured water makes every single one of our 100 trillion cells a battery for life. The energy that charges these batteries is heat and light, which is why sunlight feels so good, and when we go without it for long periods of time serious health consequences occur.
Recent studies have shown that relaxed muscles contain more EZ water, where as tight painful muscles contain more bulk water. Think about that next time you’re on your pso-rite/spine/back/neck trying to release a stubborn adhesion. This fourth phase of water can be shaped by proteins, minerals, nucleic acids, lipids, and other substances in our body to form any type of gel. This gel will then have an infinite number of binding sites which will change and adapt to different stimuli. This can be hormones, thoughts, feelings, or even the esoteric energies of the sun, earth, and moon. EZ water can literally shape our genetics for the better.
Contrast that to todays municipal water which contains chlorine, and chloramine, which are highly toxic to the microbiome in our small and large intestine. It also contains fluoride which was added to help benefit our teeth. It turns out that fluoride is actually destructive to the enzymes in our body needed for every chemical transformation taking place. Ouch! And it doesn’t stop there. Municipal water contains microplastics from things like condoms, and tampons which cloud our intestinal wall, and aluminum which creates an electrical sensitivity in our body. Lastly there’s all of the prescription drugs people are taking and then excreting into the water supply. Antidepressants, hypertensive medications, statins, and birth control pills to say the least.
While this information may be alarming to you, you’re always left with a choice: Fear or action. And we are all about action here at Pso-Rite!
Your Action Based Plan To Hydrate
There are several ways to get structured water into our body. Some you can buy once and then be set for the rest of your life, others are very cheap, but you will have to do continuously, and there are also viable options when you are on the road. Let’s start with the most effective.
- Natural Action Structured Water Filter - This is what I have in my home under my kitchen sink. They also make whole home water filters, as well as travel filters. They have a 10 year warranty on them and never need to be cleaned or changed. It is just set it and forget it. The filters cost between $399-$999 depending on what you are looking for, and Amazon has a hard time keeping them in stock.
- Eat Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - If you can’t afford a structured water filter, then the next best option is to eat your water via fruits, and raw veggies. Let’s not forget these wonderful foods structure their own water during the growing process so it is some of the best, most pristine water you can ingest.
- Bone Broth - Bone broth carries collagen which is a structured gel within the bone. Drinking it nourishes our own collagen down to the smallest structures in our cells. I recommend Kettle & Fire brand to be the absolute best.
- Kombucha - All kombucha becomes structured through the fermentation process, not to mention the probiotics one derives from the kombucha being amazing as well. I once saw a shirt that said “Kombucha is the new soda.” I chuckled, but it’s true. There are many different brands with amazing flavors. It’s bubbly and refreshing on a warm day. Watch out for brands adding excessive sugar, and caffeine - they are trying to lure you with an energy rush. My favorite brand is GT’s, and can be found at most supermarkets.
- Kefir - Kefir also achieve a structure of water around each bubble of air during the fermentation process. While fermented milk may sound quite nasty, it has amazingly healthy properties when consumed. It’s a powerful probiotic, antibacterial, and can improve bone health in the elderly. It’s protective against cancer, helps with digestive problems, and may improve allergy and asthma symptoms. A word of caution to not drink too much or it will empty your insides for a solid day. Starting off with about 4 ounces or less should be sufficient for most.
- Quinton Water - Quinton water is deep sea water that contains all of the natural minerals and nutrients of the ocean. I can say personally that when added to any water it is a most refreshing experience. Quinton water has been shown to be the same exact nutrient profile as human blood, and readily absorbed by the structured water in our cytoplasm.
- Coconut Water - If I’m on the go and don’t have a craving for kombucha, then coconut water is my next go to. Once again nature is structuring the water for us so this is a very pure form of water. It is lower down on the list because of the sugar content. It won’t hurt too many people, but if you are on a ketogenic diet, or already over consuming sugar in other forms, this will not be a great option. I realize there are other cheaper forms of coconut water out there, but for my money nothing beats Harmless Harvest.
- Add Salt to Your Water - Salt has gotten a really bad rap over the years. Sadly nobody has ever differentiated between the bad salt, or table salt made in a factory, and the good salt like Celtic, Himalayan, or Hawaiian sea salt. To make it easy on you - if it’s white salt stay away. If it’s colored then it’s ok. Colored salt is natural and your body can balance itself quite easily when it is consumed. This is because of all of the other trace minerals in the salt like phosphorus, bromine, zinc, boron, manganese, and copper to just name a few. A pinch in each cup you drink will go a long way for hydration.
Water and oxygen are two fundamental properties of any and all life on the planet. To not be aware or conscious of putting quality water in our body has been a national travesty for as long as I have been alive. Every single person that enters a doctors office should immediately be given a glass of oxygen rich structured water. The same goes for chiropractors, physical therapists, dentist, and any other practitioner that considers them to be in the “health” industry. Take matters in your own hands and start eating and drinking from the list above. Your health will improve. You will feel better. That’s what living Pso-Rite is all about.
- The Contagion Myth By DR. Thomas Cowan & Sally Fallon Morell.
- Article: Are We being Medicated For Simply Being Dehydrated - The Human Garage.